Thursday, April 12, 2018

Real Life: Death and Taxes


“Two things in life are certain,”

Benjamin Franklin noted, “death and taxes.”

Unfortunately, lately, in my neck of the woods,

Mr. Franklin’s words have rung quite true.

We laid one of my husband’s uncles unexpectedly to rest last week, and with the passing of my grandmother on Monday, the sting of death seemed only to fester.
Two funerals in two weeks…I’m hoping week three brings a different kind of rest. Yet, with the news about my other grandparent’s health issues escalating…well, no matter the day, a love one’s death rarely feels like it comes at the right time.
Does it?


However, one day,
death will hold no more claim.
No more victory.
No more sting.

Death and taxes may be certain,
but we can also count on
God’s promises.
And He’s promised to return.

Is anyone else ready for that day?

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!—1 Corinthians 15:56-57 

Please let me know what good things are going on in your life as we draw nearer to tax day. :) 
with love and prayers,
Megan Besing
Author of: 


No comments:

Post a Comment